Now Blogging on a New Site!
Holly Baumann Photography is now doing business under Mosaic Collective, LLC. New blog posts will appear on our new website! Please visit our new home:
Cannot load blog information at this time.
Old Blog: Previous Posts
- Custom, Modern Lake House – Exteriors (Lake Bloomington, IL)
- Chicago Skyline at Sunset – River Cruise (Architectural Photography)
- Extended Family Portrait Session at Constitution Trail’s Camelback Bridge (Normal Family Photographer)
- Shooting with Medium Format Camera / Film inside US National Parks (Landscape Photography)
- Grand Tetons National Park + Jackson Hole, Wyoming (Landscape Photography)
Category Archives: Photographer Assistants
For Photographers: 11 Ways to Generate Income During A Slow Season (Bloomington – Normal IL Photographer)
Should photographers specialize or generalize? While I believe it’s important to be known as a certain “type” of photographer, specializing in your photography skills doesn’t mean you can’t diversify your income streams. Diversification is just good business. Most photographers have to ride … Continue reading
About once a month, someone asks me how to pick a “good camera,” making this my most frequently asked question (well, other than online dating advice :)). Most of them are either: having their 1st baby wanting to take better photos … Continue reading
Other photographers often ask me often how to get into commercial photography. In my earliest days, my entry into the commercial market was through existing personal relationships, and referrals stemming from event coverage. However, beyond that, The answer(s), based on my … Continue reading
Previously, I blogged about my meetings with ad agencies in OKC. One of those meetings was at Ackerman McQueen, a large national advertising firm with a local office. Following that appointment, I got a call from Justin, the AM Photography Manager; he needed an … Continue reading