Most of you know that I and Nathan are kinda foodies, food snobs, pigs…whatever you want to call it…and as you can imagine, finding the best places in Oklahoma to buy and eat food is a major priority for us! 🙂 Therefore, one of the first things we did upon arriving in OKC was join the Kamala Gardens modified-CSA.
The Kamala Garden farmers are also the leaders of Slow Food OKC.
Pink Beauty radishes, Juliet tomatoes, sweet potatoes…
So far, using the produce from this delivery week,
- I added the peppers and green onions to my homemade salsa (ask me if you want the recipe, it’s famous!) to serve at our Famous Hollyday Party.
- Nathan roasted sweet potatoes, onions, radishs, garlic, and carrots tossed with olive oil, butter, salt pepper, and maple syrup to go with grilled chicken.
- I added fresh tomatoes and peppers to my guacamole (also a famous Holly item).
- I made Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Soup and a HUGE salad. (We added some leftover shredded pork from carnitas Nathan made previously to the soup since he’s the type that requires meat with his meal.)
Like this post? See more food and recipe posts:
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- German and Swiss Dishes
- Homemade Pizza
- Eating in New Orleans
- Chopped Salad, Sea Bass, and Summer Squash
I’m hungry now! What’s for snack?